I’ve been feeling little flutters lately and REALLY started feeling them today 🙂 This is my favorite part of pregnancy. I can’t wait until I can start to actually see the baby moving. With my son, I used to come home from work, prop up my legs on a bunch of pillows, pull my shirt over my belly, and watch the ripples. It was pretty good entertainment for at least an hour.
Writing this blog made me start to think about the good things about being pregnant. A lot of people dwell on the terrible things and the horror stories of giving birth. I think people should remember the good things too. Here are 10 of my favorite things (in no particular order):
1. Tummy Flutters (as mentioned above)
2. Watching the ripples (also mentioned above)
3. People are more willing to do things for you – vacuuming, moving furniture, yard work
4. Using the belly as a table and no one thinks twice about it.
5. Researching names and their meanings.
6. Window shopping for baby clothes and toys.
7. Getting a space ready for the new addition.
8. Filling in a baby book.
9. A good report on the ultrasound.
10. Holding that little baby as soon as she/he comes into this world.
I figured I would write these down now, so I can look back at them when I start to complain about my swelling feet, itchy stretch marks, and that darn baby weight that refuses to come off after the baby is born 😉